May. 15, 2020
Beginner’s Guide to Playing Football
What Is Football?
Football is a team sport that is played on a rectangular field. The object of the game is to get the oval-shaped football down the field, either by running it or passing it. The goal is to get the football into the opponent's end zone. There are various positions and rules at play, and this this article will explain the basics of the sport to those that are unfamiliar with it.
Rules of the Game
The official time of a soccer game is 90 minutes. It is composed of two 45-minutes halves and a 15-minute rest at half time. Just like many other sports, there is a timekeeper that handles the game regulation. Soccer matches are longer than any timed sports, and the game clock does not stop running.
The field must be constructed using either artificial or natural grass. The dimensions of the pitch are allowed to vary but must be within 100 to 130 yards long and 50 to 100 yards wide. The pitch is required to be marked with a rectangular shape around the outside showing out of bounds, two 18-yard boxes, a centre circle, and two six-yard boxes. Twelve yards out of both goals is required for a penalty shot, and the centre circle must also be visible.
The Game’s Objective
Just like any other sport, the objective of the game is to make more goals than the opposing team in a 90-minute playing time duration. 토토사이트 The game is separated into halves. It has two 45-minute regulations and a 15-minute break at halftime. It is the referee’s discretion if the match needs additional time to compensate for the extension.
What Are the Rules of Football?
Here is a basic rundown of how a football game works.
- Scoring is done by the team on offense. Their objective is to get the ball to the end zone of their opponent. This is done by either running or passing the ball down the field.
- The team on offense has four downs to move the ball 10 yards forward. A down is basically an attempt to move the ball forward. If a team fails to advance 10 yards after four downs, the ball is turned over to the opposing team. (Note that the CFL .)
- On the fourth down, a team has the option to either attempt a field goal or a punt. A field goal is usually attempted within 40 yards.
- A game is divided into four quarters that last 15 minutes each. There is a halftime break between the second and third quarter.
- A game usually begins with a coin flip between the team captains. Whoever wins the coin flip chooses to either kick off or receive the opening kickoff. The other team is given the same choice at the start of the second half.
If you are looking for related contents, please have a look to the following link: https://allingamesfree.weebly.com/