Aug. 07, 2018
Philadelphia's Shibe Park
On April 12, 1909, Shibe Park in Philadelphia becomes the first concrete and steel stadium in Major League baseball history. It was originally the home of the Philadelphia Athletics, and a shared facility with the Philadelphia Phillies beginning in 1938. Renamed in Connie Mack stadium in 1953, in honor of Connie Mack's long service as the Athletics manager. The A's played in the park until 1954, when they moved to Kansas City for the 1955 season. It was the home of the Philadelphia Phillies until Veterans Stadium became their new home. The ballpark was demolished in 1975.