Apr. 13, 2018
Rockets @ Warriors Betting Preview
The Rockets and Warriors will battle it out tonight in Game 3 of the Western Conference Finals. The Warriors took Game 1 119-106 and won the game outright when they were listed as 2.5 point underdogs. The script flipped in Game 2 when the Rockets were favored by -2 after losing Game 1 by 13 points. The Rockets showed up in Game 2 and ran away with a 127-105 win. So what’s going to happen in Game 3 tonight?
As expected, the Warriors are favored in tonight’s game but the spread is 8. The over under is listed at 225.5 across most books except Bovada.
The Warriors did what they went to Houston to do and they won one game there so now they have the home court advantage in this series. That gives the Warriors a big advantage in my eyes because they are riding a record tying 15 game home winning streak in the playoffs. Rockets Coach Mike D’Antoni doesn’t agree with me and he only thinks it helps the home team, “a little bit.” The Rockets were able to cruise to a 22 point win in Game 2 and a large part of that was thanks to Steph Curry and Klay Thompson going a combined 10-30 from the field. You have to think that Curry and Thompson will bounce back in Game 3 but will it be enough if the Rockets hit shots at the pace they did in Game 2?
- The Warriors have covered (-8) in 2 of the 5 games between the Rockets and Warriors this season.
- The Rockets won the only game in Oakland between these two teams this season 122-121.
- 4 of the 5 games between the Rockets and Warriors went OVER or pushed at 225.
- 52% of the public are taking the Rockets with the points
- 69% of the public are taking the over.
- Warriors 121 Rockets 117