Jan. 31, 2017
Ten Stances for the Weekend
?1. I think Nico hangs on to the championship this weekend as he finishes third while Hamilton wins
2. Kirk Cousins was sensational last night. I argue against paying him because the talent around him is sensational and you have to think most quarterbacks would look good in that offence. Last night has me slightly reconsidering.
3. Week two of sensational boxing. I love Walters, the way he tore through Donaire and Darchiniyan was sensational. Lomachenko should be a different kettle of fish so unless his chin is suspect, he wins this.
4. The British boxing is also exciting. Katie Taylor debuts and it is intriguing to see how she looks. Langford, Williams, Flanagan, Bellotti, Cheeseman, Ward and Saunders should win. I like Davies to edge a tight contest and think Carson Jones can beat Ward.
5. Kansas v Broncos headlines the NFL weekend after the thanksgiving games and I think Broncos edge a low scoring game
6. Unowhatimeanharry looks like the preeminent World Hurdle contender depending on what Willie Mullins sends
7. The Cavs and Warriors had a mini competition on Thursday night where the Warriors went absolutely insane. They are showing their offensive and quality
8. England and Wales should be favourites over Argentina and South Africa. The interesting game is Ireland v Australia which will tell us who is the 3rd best team in the world
9. Chelsea v Tottenham is a huge game. Off a Champions League week you have to expect Chelsea to get the result here
10. The draw for Peter Wright has panned out quite well and he can guarantee himself the number three seeding for the World Championships. I think he has a huge chance here, with Van Gerwen looking poorer lately