Sep. 04, 2018
Premier League in 20: How long can Watford stay perfect?
Starting from the bottom of the table:
20. West Ham: If this becomes a relegation year for the Hammers, will the fans revolt and burn down London Stadium?
19. Burnley: Now that Burnley is no longer distracted by the Europa League, will they get back to the winning football they played a season ago?
18. Newcastle: With Arsenal, Crystal Palace, Leicester, and Man U on the horizon, will there be enough time for the Magpies to salvage their season before falling too far behind?
17. Huddersfield: Do they have the talent and resources to remain out of relegation danger?
16. Cardiff City: After breaking through twice against Arsenal can they continue putting goals on the board throughout the year?
15. Crystal Palace: With favorable matches approaching (Huddersfield, Newcastle, Bournemouth, Wolves) can they secure enough points to propel them to the middle of the table?
14. Brighton and Hove: After surprising Man U and coming from two goals down against Fulham, are they secretly better than their position suggests?
13. Fulham: If they find some defensive consistency, will the Cottagers be like last season's surprise Burnley squad?
12. Southampton: With consecutive wins over Brighton and CP, have the Saints turned a corner?
11. Wolverhampton: Can Wolves keep their position with Burnley, Man U, and Southampton approaching?
10. Manchester United: Though dominating Burnley was what they needed, will the Red Devils find their chemistry before they must play the big boys of the Premier League?
9. Arsenal: With two straight wins, can we really trust post-Wenger Arsenal to continue its success?
8. Leicester City: Can Harry Maguire return to his World Cup form before its too late for the Foxes?
7. Everton: After three straight draws against mid and bottom table teams, can the Toffees find a killer instinct to push them higher in the standings?
6. AFC Bournemouth: When they play Leicester, will we learn more about the quality of this Bournemouth squad?
5. Tottenham: Harry? Harry are you there? Your squad needs you.
4. Manchester City: Will they lose or draw before their mid-October date with Liverpool?
3. Watford: After a most surprising start, how long can the Golden Boy stay perfect?
2. Chelsea: With depth and elite talent at ever level, is there a better squad at the moment than the Blues?
1. Liverpool: Is this the year the Reds will finally walk alone at the top of the table at season's end?