Feb. 24, 2017
Chicago Bulls trade deadline targets
The NBA trade deadline is happening in 2 days. The Chicago Bulls need to take advantage and trade for better players. There are many players that the Chicago Bulls could trade for. All-Star weekend is over and now the second half of the season will begin in a couple of days. The Chicago Bulls need a huge turnaround for the remainder of the season so that they could become effective. There are many young and talented players that the Chicago Bulls would need.
1. PF Jahlil Okafor: He is a young and talented center. He went to Whitney Young High School, so he is very familiar with the Chicago Bulls. He is a rising star and could help the Chicago Bulls in the future.
2. PG Eric Bledsoe: He may not be young, but he is a talented player. The Chicago Bulls need a point guard because Jerian Grant and Micahel Carter-Williams are more efficient as a bench role player or backup point guard. He could be the answer for the Chicago Bulls point guard issues.
3. SF Otto Porter Jr.: He is young and is an underrated shooter. He leads the NBA in 3-point percentages with .465. The Chicago Bulls could use his 3-point talents to boost their shooting percentages.
4. SF Robert Covington: He is ranked 4th in the NBA for most steals per game, averaging 2 steals a game. He averages 11.7 points shooting .327 from 3-point range. The Chicago Bulls could really use his talents. He is a solid backup for Jimmy Butler.
5. PG Yogi Ferell: He is a young point guard who is averaging 9.8 points per game. He is a decent shooter, he is shooting 40% from 3-point range. He is good enough to become the Bulls' starting point guard, if not he could be a solid backup.
6. PG Tyler Ulis: He is very familiar with the Chicago Bulls, coming out of Marian Catholic. He is a quick point guard with good handles. Even though he shoots 33% from 3-point range and is a potential backup for the Bulls.
7. SG Bradley Beal: He is an underrated player averaging 22.2 points per game and averages 1.0 steals per game. Other than his scoring ability, he is a great shooter too. He averages 40% from 3-point range. He is probably another solid backup for the Chicago Bulls.
8. SG Allen Crabbe: He is currently averaging 10.4 points per game and shooting 45% from 3-point range. The Chicago Bulls could really use his shooting ability to increase their 3-point percentage.
9. SF Jae Crowder: He is another solid backup for Jimmy Butler. He is currently averaging 13.8 points per game and is shooting 40% from 3-point range.
As stated earlier, the NBA trade deadline is in two days and the Chicago Bulls need more potential backups, young athletic players, and 3-point shooters. If they want to make the playoffs, Gar Forman has to do something to turn this team around. Even they're 7th in the Eastern Conference, things could change (just like last year).