Chicago Bears Offseason Free Agent Priority Targets
The Chicago Bears have a couple positions to fill-in before becoming Playoff contenders. They are looking for mostly need more playmakers for the Secondary, a Left Tackle, a veteran quarterback, and some quality wide receivers. There are many Players during free agency that fill-in these positions of the Chicago Bears.
1. CB: Stephon Gilmore: He is a Pro Bowl cornerback this year with a career-high of 5 interceptions. He makes over $3 million dollars per year. He could make a good cornerback duo with Kyle Fuller.
2. CB A.J Bouye: He had a breakout season in 2016. He is 26, so he is still in his prime. He is a shutdown cornerback and could lock-down many receivers. He has 2 interceptions in 2016. He makes over $1 million dollars per year.
3. CB Trumaine Johnson: He is a very talented cornerback with great ball skills. He has only 1 interception this year, but had 16 in his entire career. He was franchise tag by the Rams in 2016 and he is making over $13 million a year.
4. S Eric Berry: He is one of the best safeties in the NFL. He is great playmaker. He recorded 4 interceptions in 2016 and he could make a solid secondary adding him to the Chicago Bears roster.
5. S T.J. McDonald: He had a decent season with 2 interceptions, 6 pass deflections, and 1 sack in 2016 coming off a shoulder injury in 2015. He also arrested for a DUI. He doesn't make a lot of money per year, but he is still a good safety.
6. S/CB Micah Hyde: He is a decent safety with ample ball skills. He can play both cornerback and safety, so the Chicago Bears be able to move him in different parts of the secondary. He recorded 3 interceptions in the 2016 season.
7. WR DeSean Jackson: He is decent receiver that you can rely on. He was one of the best targets for Kirk Cousins. Even though he is 30 years old, he still have enough on this tank. He caught 56 receptions for over 1,000 yards.
8. WR Kenny Britt: He is a young receiver who produced 1,000 receiving yards this year. He could be a worthy target outside of Cameron Meredith.
9. WR Kenny Stills: He's only 24 years old and he is playing well with the Miami Dolphins. He put-up 42 receptions with 726 receiving yards.
10. WR Terrance Williams: He is only 27 years old, he was very solid in has first 3 NFL seasons. He put-up 2,197 receiving yards with 16 touchdowns. He could a reliable option if Kevin White doesn't return fully healthy next season.
11. LT Riley Reiff: He is a decent blocker. He could be the starting left tackle if he played for the Bears. He could probably be the answer for Left Tackle if the Bears change the offensive line.
12. QB Kirk Cousins: It's probably not possible for Kirk Cousins to play for Chicago, but it would be a huge benefit if he decided to play for the Chicago Bears. He is an NFL Top-10 quarterback and played in the Pro Bowl in 2016. He threw 25 touchdowns with only 12 interceptions in the 2016 season.
13. QB Brian Hoyer: I don't know about you, but would love to have Brian Hoyer as our starting quarterback for the next 3-4 years. Despite him breaking his arm, He was very productive and he never turn the ball over. In 2016, Brian Hoyer threw 6 touchdowns and no interceptions when playing for the Chicago Bears. If you give him quality receivers and a good offensive line ( which Ryan Pace would do this offseason) he could be very effective.
14. CB Logan Ryan: He is a young and talented cornerback. He have good ball skills and is very good in coverage. He play alongside with Malcolm Butler and made a solid cornerback duo. He could play well in the future because he is only 26. In 2016, He recorded 11 passes deflections, a forced fumble, one sack and 2 interceptions.