Daytona #HASHTAG500 Contest Awards NASCAR Prizes To Lucky Fans
THE DAYTONA 500 IS BACK FOR ITS 58TH YEAR. AND FOR THE FIRST TIME, NASCAR IS GIVING AWAY THE REAL GEAR BEING USED DURING THE RACE.
Imagine you are sitting at home, watching the Daytona 500, and on the TV comes a special fan contest during the Great American Race. Every 20 or so laps, if your tweet is the 500th tweet to @NASCAR using a special hashtag you could win one of several pieces of race memorabilia. Like a race used tire. The firesuit off a drivers back, or an autographed helmet. Just follow these 3 simple steps below to join in on the fun.
HOW TO ENTER
STEP 1 Follow @NASCAR on Twitter now.
STEP 2 During the race, February 21st, 12pm ET FOX, tune-in to to the race and keep tabs on NASCAR's Twitter feed for a new fan race about every 20 laps.
STEP 3 Rev up those Twitter fingers. Because the 500th person to tweet a special hashtag in each race wins.
Now, you have to pay attention to the Twitter feed. It goes very fast and you don't want it to blow by you like Kyle Busch going 200 mph. A good way to keep up with all the action is to go to Tweetcaster or Tweet Deck on your mobile devices, where you can sort all tweets by the hashtag name (i.e. #daytona500, #nascar, #hashtag500)
The Prizes You Could Win
Approximately every 20 laps, you'll be able to race for a different piece of Daytona. Stuff like...
• The green flag, signed by every driver
• A fire suit, straight off a driver's back
• A helmet, steeped in the thrill of the race
• Racing gloves, broken in by every twist and turn
• A side door, which may or may not be banged up in a wreck
• A steering wheel driven through 500 epic miles
• Tires replaced during a pit stop
• Team pit sign signed by the whole crew
• A gear shifter, pushed to the limit
• A VIP Victory Pack that includes the checkered flag signed by the winner and a trip for two to the 2017 Daytona 500
So what are you waiting for? Make sure you are tuned into The Daytona 500 this Sunday, February 21st on Fox starting at Noon EST.